Well, they have fallen for a new business venture in the South West of France. It was love at first sight on Valentine’s Day 2020, celebrating their wedding anniversary, when they were taken by a charming 700 year-old Mill for sale in France.
Le Moulin sur Célé is an exclusive self-catering holiday villa in the Lot valley, South West France, situated on the banks of the river Célé with luxury accommodation for up to twelve guests, private swimming pool, tennis court and a selection of outdoor activities such as canoeing, horse-riding, cycling or hiking.
Operational as a private holiday rental, it seemed to fit perfectly into the couple’s ‘retirement’ dreams – if you call building a new business retirement!
. The facilities include: Private, heated swimming pool
- Riverside ping pong (bats and balls provided)
- Grass tennis court (rackets and balls provided)
- Croquet lawn (mallets and balls provided)
- Four dining areas (family/sitting room, shaded kitchen terrace, sun terrace, riverside)
- Candelabra, lanterns and outside dinning candles
- Portable/chargeable speaker on wheels with standard jack plug for riverside and gardens
- 24 outside canvas director’s chairs for use around the gardens and riverside
- Canvas deck chairs for use around the gardens and riverside
- Hammocks x 2, double canvas on the riverside beach
- Comprehensive information book which includes: facilities, services, things to do in the local area, essential phone numbers (doctors, hospital, taxi’s etc), Wi-Fi logins, restaurant details
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Satellite Wi-Fi throughout the Miller and Tower Houses
- 52 inch HD TV for DVD’s in tower sitting room
- DVD Player and large DVD Selection
- Telephone (free international landline calls)
- Overhead fans in all bedrooms
- Mosquito nets installed in all bedrooms
- Hair dryer in all bedrooms
- Washing machine x 2
- Tumble dryer x 1
- Dishwasher x 1
- Kitchen gas BBQ
- Riverside fire pit with grill and tongs for BBQ’s
- Food fridge and drinks fridge
- Chess, backgammon and a selection of board games
- Canoe x 2, 2 passengers each (for use by appointment with Patrick as they are transported up stream for canoeing/floating back to Le Moulin’s riverside beach)
For further information on the accommodation and facilities, visit Accommodation page.
Deirdre said ‘“It’s been almost two years since we sold our beloved Harvey’s Point and we now feel ready to re-awaken our passion for hospitality and tourism. We are really excited about this new adventure and we hope to build Le Moulin brand so that it is synonymous with quality and exceptional customer service. It is our vision to offer a unique and private holiday experience for guests who wish to escape, unwind and enjoy a well-deserved holiday. We believe that we can sprinkle our own kind of magic on Le Moulin”, she concluded.
Covid-19 has put the travel world on hold, but this has given Deirdre and Marc time to enhance the five star standard of the residence and focus on targeting the Irish, UK and International markets in the future. They are confident that as soon as travel restrictions are lifted, there will be high demand for safe, rural retreats that offer a combination of luxury and homely charm blended with the warmest of welcomes. Check out all the details on the website www.lemoulinsurcele.com
Wishing them the best of luck in their new venture in France. Have a peek at the exterior and interior.