Magee’s Pharmacy in Letterkenny hosted their Customer Appreciation Day and everyone was invited along earlier today.
The Pharmacy has undergone major renovations in recent weeks and their new extension looks superb. John Breslin from Highland Radio broadcasted his show there from 12 noon until 2pm interviewing the boss himself Gerard McCormick.
There was lots of food, soft drinks, discounts and giveaways on the day.
Ninety years ago, Magee’s Pharmacy opened its doors for the first time at 21 Upper Main Street in Letterkenny. Established by Leo McGee in 1928, in the premises that most recently housed CK Locksmiths.
In 1954 the late Mrs Kathleen Quinn took over the premises before the late Jim McCormick took over in 1966. Two years later he relocated in Magee’s existing premises at 27 Upper Main Street, which once housed Vaughan’s Gift Shop.
Over the years Magee’s has grown to become a central part of the community, an intuition in its own right.
Gerard McCormick now runs the business, having taken over from his late father in 2006. In recent months he has overseen a total refurbishment of the shop to suit the needs of a modern day pharmacy.
The floor space has been increased by fifty percent which includes a new state of the art computerised dispensary management system, part of which is housed at 21 Upper Main Street, to the rear of the original Magee’s Pharmacy site.
Gerard would like to thank all his staff and customers, “as without them, we would be nowhere. Hopefully we’re now giving them a better, more comfortable experience and one that will see our business into the future. We can’t stand still. Every year we try and move the business forward. The ethos in the shop is simple, it’s about having the right product at the right price, in a nice, clean friendly environment”.
We are delighted to offer our customers, both old and new, Magee’s Online Shopping www.magees.ie where you can shop from the comfort of your own home with a collect in store or delivery option.